Sunday, September 20, 2009

All right! All right, already. I'll blog! I'll blog. Geez.

I've gotten to be one of those people with all these stories that people seem to think are amusing. I usually have something to say about everything, and people have been telling me, "You should blog." I don't generally have much use for blogs and even less for Tweets. But the more I thought about it, the more it started to seem like a better use of time than Brick Breaker. So here we are.

The name of this blog, EOCAWKI, is shorthand for End of Civilization as We Know It. My pal, Jeff and I have been using it for as a subject line for emails in which we share tidbits that point to the rising tide of idiocy that seems as if it could undermine the fabric of our civilization -- or at least make things damned annoying and inconvenient.

I'll probably spend some time recounting the stories I've been boring people with over the years -- about my family and the people I've worked with and the great advice I've gotten and shared. Let me start with this from my friend and mentor, Barry, with whom I have had the pleasure and privilege of working for 20 years: "You wouldn't worry so much what people thought about you if you realized how seldom they do."

No comments:

Post a Comment